Best Under $500k Acreages for Sale in Edmonton
Discover the Best Under $500k Acreages for Sale in Edmonton
Are you dreaming of owning acreage in Edmonton but worried about breaking the bank? Look no further. This comprehensive guide will show you the best acreages for sale in Edmonton that are under $500k.
As the capital of Alberta, Edmonton offers a unique blend of city living and rural charm. Living in acreage in Edmonton means you'll enjoy a peaceful and tranquil lifestyle while still being close to all the amenities of the city.
In this article, we'll cover everything you need to know about buying acreage in Edmonton, including the benefits of living in an acreage, factors to consider when purchasing, where to find acreages for sale, financing options, and tips for closing the deal.
So, let's get started and discover your dream acreage in Edmonton!
Why Buy an Acreage in Edmonton?
Living in an acreage in Edmonton offers a range of benefits that make it an attractive option for homebuyers. Here are some reasons why you should consider buying an acreage in Edmonton:
Peaceful and Tranquil Lifestyle
Acreages offer a peaceful and tranquil lifestyle, away from the hustle and bustle of city life. You can enjoy the serenity of nature, the beauty of the countryside, and the privacy that comes with living on a larger property.
More Space and Privacy
Acreages offer more space and privacy than traditional homes. You'll have more room to spread out, with larger yards, gardens, and even space for livestock or horses.
Freedom to Customize
Living on an acreage gives you the freedom to customize your property to your liking. You can add a pool, a greenhouse, or even build a barn or workshop.
Acreages are often considered a good investment because they offer the potential for appreciation over time. As more people look for a balance between city and rural living, acreages are becoming more desirable and valuable.
Escape from City Living
Living in an acreage in Edmonton allows you to escape from the city's noise, pollution, and congestion. You can enjoy fresh air, clear skies, and starry nights.
Community and Lifestyle
Many acreage communities offer a strong sense of community and a unique lifestyle. You can meet like-minded individuals who share your interests in farming, gardening, or outdoor activities.
Overall, buying an acreage in Edmonton offers a unique and rewarding lifestyle that many homebuyers find appealing.
Below $500k Acreages for Sale Edomnton
- Property is a 3.97-acre land in Ryedale Estates
- Features a 3-bedroom bungalow with over 1,100 square feet of living space
- Open concept living room and kitchen with natural light
- Bedrooms are spacious with 3-piece bath and laundry on the same floor
- Upgrades made throughout the years including new fence, windows, washer, shingles, fridge, furnace, and more
- Land is fully fenced with 4 separate pastures CROSS FENCED for horses
- Includes 4 sheds (1 with power), 2 shelters, fire pit, and mature trees
- South-facing deck perfect for entertaining
- Oversized double detached garage with room to build a shop
- Located minutes east of Sherwood Park with quick access to HWY 21 and HWY 16
- Septic is surface run-off.
- Property is a 3-acre fully treed land in Belvedere Heights
- Services and driveway are already in place, saving time and money during the building process
- Conveniently located just 15 minutes from Sherwood Park with easy access to HWY 14, HWY 21, and Edmonton via Tw Rd 514 into Ellerslie Road
- Previous property on site was a 1991 bungalow with over 2,000 square feet above grade and a double attached garage
- Septic was pumped out in 2021, and the cistern was cleaned and disinfected
- Previous home may impact property taxes and zoning regulations
- Offers a fantastic opportunity to create a private oasis surrounded by nature with all amenities within easy reach
- Important to comply with seller's request and refrain from driving onto the property to ensure safety and preserve land's integrity.
- Property is a refreshed 1184 sq ft 3 bed, 1 bath bungalow on 2.26 acres
- Features new vinyl siding on the south side, newer roof, laminate flooring & trim bathroom, fresh painted walls & cabinets, new countertops, most newer windows, patio door, light fixtures, interior doors, & more
- 3 bedrooms upstairs, linen storage, 4 pce bath, and large open concept living & dining room w/ lots of natural light
- L shaped kitchen w/ eat in dining space or add extra cabinetry
- Unfinished basement with room to add a 4th bedroom, rec room, bath, and complete the perfect family space w/ a walkout basement
- Property offers mature trees and seclusion, perfect for bonfires or gardens
- Located minutes to New Sarepta, Beaumont, & quick access to Edmonton
- Great opportunity for those looking to get into the acreage market with potential to build equity.
- 40-acre property fenced for horses, perfect for a hobby ranch
- Opportunity to live in a cute house or build a dream home
- Located on TWP 544 with easy access to Fort Saskatchewan and Sherwood Park
- Home built in 1993 with many upgrades, including beautiful vinyl plank flooring, wood-burning fireplace, newer cabinets and countertops, 2 bedrooms, and a 4 pc bath
- Huge double detached garage is 24x28 with 9 ft ceilings and an 8 ft door
- Other upgrades include shingles on house (5 yrs), furnace, hot water tank, 100 amp service in garage, washer, dryer, and new gravel
- Natural gas and water co-op line adjacent to the property for future hookup.
- 1688 sqft Bungalow on 1.25 Acres in Carbondale
- Original owner with many upgrades and meticulously maintained
- Upgraded kitchen with island and generous dining area
- Large living room with newer flooring and gas fireplace
- Primary suite with 3pc ensuite, 2 junior bedrooms, and office/flex room
- Main floor laundry
- Fully-finished basement with newer carpet, 3pc bathroom, family room w/wood-burning fireplace and wet bar, and plenty of storage
- Attached, oversized garage w/underslab 3600 gallon cistern
- Yard with mature trees, large maintenance-free deck, sheds, fire pit area, garden, and many perennials
- 40.03 acres of land zoned Agricultural available for sale
- Located on RR 210, directly across from Elk Island
- Approximately 20 minutes away from Sherwood Park and Fort Saskatchewan
- Good topography with a large body of water and ample pasture
- Power and gas available at the road
- Ideal for hobby farming or the equine enthusiast.
Factors to Consider When Buying an Acreage
Buying an acreage is a big decision that requires careful consideration. Here are some factors you should keep in mind when searching for the perfect acreage:
The location of your acreage is one of the most important factors to consider. You'll want to choose an area that is convenient for your daily commute, shopping, and entertainment. Additionally, you'll want to consider the proximity to schools, hospitals, and other essential services.
Size of the Property
The size of the property is another important consideration. Do you want a large property with lots of space for livestock, gardening, or outdoor activities? Or do you prefer a smaller property that requires less maintenance?
Type of Acreage
There are different types of acreages, such as farm, ranch, or hobby acreages. Each type has its unique features, benefits, and drawbacks. It's essential to choose the type of acreage that fits your lifestyle and needs.
Zoning and Restrictions
Before buying an acreage, you should research the zoning and restrictions that apply to the property. Some acreages have specific zoning requirements, such as agricultural or residential zoning. Additionally, some acreages may have restrictions on the type of animals you can keep, the type of crops you can grow, or the type of buildings you can construct.
Utilities and Services
You'll want to make sure that the acreage you're interested in has access to all the necessary utilities and services, such as electricity, water, sewer, and internet. Additionally, you'll want to consider the cost of these utilities and services.
Maintenance and Upkeep
Owning an acreage requires more maintenance and upkeep than owning a traditional home. You'll need to maintain the property, repair buildings and fences, and care for any animals or crops. It's essential to consider the cost and time required for maintaining an acreage before buying.
Considering these factors will help you find an acreage that fits your lifestyle and needs, and make the buying process smoother and more enjoyable.
Q: Can I finance an acreage purchase?
A: Yes, you can finance an acreage purchase. However, the process can be more complicated than financing a traditional home. You may need to provide a larger down payment and meet specific eligibility requirements.
Q: How do I find acreages for sale in Edmonton?
A: There are several ways to find acreages for sale in Edmonton. You can search online listings, work with a real estate agent who specializes in acreages, or drive around rural areas to look for "For Sale" signs.
Q: What should I look for when viewing an acreage?
A: When viewing an acreage, you should look for factors such as the location, size of the property, type of acreage, zoning and restrictions, utilities and services, and maintenance and upkeep requirements.
Q: How much maintenance does an acreage require?
A: Owning an acreage requires more maintenance than owning a traditional home. You'll need to maintain the property, repair buildings and fences, and care for any animals or crops. The amount of maintenance required will depend on the size of the property, the type of acreage, and the level of upkeep you prefer.
Q: What are the potential drawbacks of owning an acreage?
A: Some potential drawbacks of owning an acreage include the higher cost of maintenance and upkeep, the distance from urban amenities, and the potential for noise and odors from nearby farms or ranches.
Q: Can I run a business on my acreage?
A: It depends on the zoning and restrictions that apply to the property. Some acreages may allow certain types of businesses, such as home-based businesses or farming operations, while others may have restrictions on commercial activities.
Q: How do I close the deal on an acreage purchase?
A: Closing the deal on an acreage purchase involves several steps, such as obtaining financing, conducting a home inspection, negotiating the purchase price, and signing the purchase agreement. It's essential to work with a real estate agent and lawyer who can guide you through the process.